Since the launch of our Win Your Dream Travel Job contest at the end of February, we’ve received dozens of amazing video submissions from people around the world wishing and hoping to be selected as one of the four Dream Travel Job finalist. Our moderation team has been watching, judging, and rating each and every entry video we’ve received. It was tough, but we’re very excited to be announcing the first of our four finalists today!
Don’t worry, though, there’s still 3 spots left - but hurry! We’ll be announcing our round 2 finalist on April 2, 2012. In order to be considered in the second judging period, submissions must be in by March 29, 2012, so the sooner you submit your video the higher your chances of being selected. Oh and remember – votes matter! At the end of the contest, the 10 contestants’ whose videos have the most votes will be guaranteed to be interviewed by the Viator team for the 4th finalist position.
And finally, the 1st Dream Travel Job Finalist is… *drum roll, please*
Round 1 Finalist: Ryan Van Duzer
Congratulations to Ryan, who was selected as our round 1 finalists! Some fun facts about Ryan:
- Served as a PeaceCorps volunteer in Honduras working in youth development.
- Has ridden his bike across America twice, down both the East and West coast and from Honduras to Colorado…
- Has never owned a car!
- Survived in the jungles of Venezuela as a participant on Discovery’s “Out of the Wild Venezuela.”
- Speaks Spanish and Swedish
- Appeared on a Honduran TV game show winning a goofy dance contest.
And the Round 1 Runner Ups were…
#1. Jake Bradbury
#2. Asha Mevlana
#3. Tiernan Turner
Congratulations to Ryan, Asha, Jake and Teirnan! Remember, there are still 3 spots left! Best of luck to everyone and stay tuned for the announcement of our round 2 finalists on April 2, 2012.
– Viator Travel Team