It’s that time again – time to announce the 2nd finalist in our Win Your Dream Travel Job video contest. Since the launch of the contest, we’ve received hundreds of amazing video submissions from people around the world. Our moderation team has been watching, judging, and rating each and every entry video we’ve received. It was tough, but we’re very excited to be announcing the second of our four finalists today!
Don’t worry, there’s still 2 spots left – but you have to hurry! We’ll be announcing our round 3 finalist on April 16, 2012. In order to be considered in the third judging period, submissions must be in by April 12, 2012, so the sooner you submit your video the higher your chances of being selected.
Remember – votes matter! At the end of the contest, the 10 contestants’ whose videos have the most votes will be guaranteed to be interviewed by the Viator team for the 4th finalist position.
And finally, the 2nd Dream Travel Job Finalist is…
Round 2 Finalist: Asha Mevlana
Congratulations to Asha! Asha was a semi-finalist in round 1 and we’re very happy to announce Asha as our round 2 finalists! Some fun facts about Asha:
- Toured Europe (Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland), Latin America (Chile) and Australia as a musician
- Plays a 7-string electric violin and was the lead violinist for the Trans Siberian Orchestra
- Toured the U.S. with Gnarls Barkley and played at the Grammys
- Breast cancer survivor
- Filmed and edited a short documentary which is an official selection in several film festivals
- Appeared on several pilots for the Travel Channel and the Food Network
- Was signed to Universal Records with an Australian rock band called Porcelain
- Appeared regularly on American Idol (in the band) and on shows such as Ellen, Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel
- Sung “I Want You to Want Me” at the House of Blues with Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)
- Learned to play Scottish fiddle in Scotland
- Skydived in New Zealand, white water rafted down the Grand Canyon and rode her bike across Tuscany
- Was the only girl on her high school baseball team
And the Round 2 Runner Ups were…
#1. Cassie and Jordan
#2. Juliana Broste
#3. Phil Diehl
Congratulations to Asha, Cassie, Jordan, Juliana, and Phil! Remember, there are still 2 spots left! Best of luck to everyone and stay tuned for the announcement of our round 3 finalists on April 16, 2012.
– Viator Travel Team