Just because I work at Viator does not mean I get to travel all the time. I wish I was just sent on the road to try out every new experience we get, but alas, more often than not I have to satisfy myself with just reading about them until I can slot them into a vacation. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been on a healthy amount of our tours, but when you have over 5,000 things to do, it’s going to take you awhile to get through them all. When I run across something that especially catches my fancy, I put it in my wishlist for awhile, just for fun.
Today I decided to jot down the top ten things I wish I had time to go do right now. In no particular order:
- Ghibli Museum in Tokyo – A whole building of the vibrant, colorful art from films like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I admit I turn into an 11-year-old Japanese girl when I see this stuff. Must… resist… urge to buy Totoro refrigerator magnets.
- Tornado Chasing Tours – I could get over having to spend 7 days in Oklahoma for this, it’s probably the only thing that could get me into Oklahoma to begin with.
- The Great Pyramid & Sphinx in Egypt – I have always wanted to see all the big Egypt sights, if its old and made of stone and in a desert, I want in.
- Camel Tour of Uluru (Ayers Rock) – I know everyone says camels are sort of yucky and tempermental, but it just seems very cool to ride one in the Australian Outback. The traveler reviews are very persuasive as well (yay for well behaved camels!)
- The Grand Canyon Skywalk – Newly opened, this is the talk of the Viator office. Rod says it’s super cool, and his pictures are pretty persuasive.
- Trek on the Franz Josef Glacier – You know I love glaciers, and I haven’t been to this one. Curses that I only went to the North Island on my New Zealand trip!
- Discount Couture Shopping in Paris – I don’t know when I’ll be in Paris again, but when I come back, I’m going to have a bag full of Chanel and a good run at being the most chic member of the Viator staff.
- Easter Island Moai – I want to see the big heads! There, I said it.
- Belize – Scott blogs about Belize, Liz blogs about Belize, I want to blog about Belize too. And I want one of those “You Better Belize It” t-shirts.
- Grand Walking tour of Quebec City – Quebec City turns 400 next year, and I want to be on this tour to celebrate. I just love how French and Canadian Quebec is; it’s like a region with a multiple personality disorder (in a good way).
That’s what the list is for today, but it varies, I seem to recall a kick about getting scuba certified last month, and there were a lot of reef excursions on the wishlist then. And I crossed off shark diving, sometimes wishes come true.
What’s on your wishlist?