Rod’s been a busy man recently. He’s back from a tour to Rome, in the fullest sense of the word “tour”. In between enjoying the sights and sounds of Rome, Rod grabbed his camera and video gear and took an in-depth look at the dozen of skip-the-line and private Vatican tours offered by Viator.
It’s no secret that the Vatican is one of the world’s most famous – and most crowded – attractions. The art, the sculpture, the architecture, the history – a tour of the Vatican is basically a tour of western history (the good, the bad, and the sometimes ugly) over the past 1,000 years.
The downside, of course, are the long lines to get into the Vatican.
This is a story, though, with a happy ending. There are many ‘skip-the-line’ tours to the Vatican, where for a small fee you can (literally) skip the hours-long lines. If you don’t believe us, just read some of the reviews from travelers about the joy of bypassing the Vatican’s long lines.
Rod’s created a video to help you choose the right skip-the-line or private tour to the Vatican. Have a look, then head on over to the Viator.com website to read reviews from other travelers, and browse some of the amazing photos they’ve taken. Either way, Viator has a Vatican tour to suit your budget and itinerary in Rome.
Links to tours mentioned in Rod’s video:
- Skip-the-line Vatican admission ticket – this is the best-value option, though it does not include a guided tour.
- Skip-the-line Vatican Tour & Sistine Chapel includes a guided tour (to really and truly beat the crowds, select the “8:10am Upgrade” option when booking and tour the Vatican before the doors open to the public)
- Private skip-the-line guided tour of the Vatican & Sistine Chapel. Just you, a private guide, and the Vatican to discover.
- Private after-hours guided tour of the Vatican & Sistine Chapel. This is a Viator exclusive, and there are dates available in May and June (with more coming soon).
- Complete list of Viator’s Vatican Tours and Viator’s private tours in Rome (many including the Vatican)
Another option for an insider’s look at the Vatican is our Viator VIP Access: Sistine Chapel Private Viewing and Small-Group Tour of the Vatican’s Secret Rooms! Read more about the tour: Going Behind the Scenes at the Vatican with a Private Viewing of the Sistine Chapel.
-The Viator Travel Team