At Viator, we want to bring you the most unique tours and activities and offer behind-the-scenes and insider access to some of the most popular sites around the world. And we want to make it easy and convenient for you to find and book an unforgettable experience, even at the last minute or while on the go. That’s why we’re excited to announce that our Viator Tours and Activities App, which was named to the 2011 App Store Rewind list as one of the best travel apps of the year on iPhone, is now available for free on iPad from the App StoreSM.. So now you can pack all our local know-how and still be able to get your rollie bag closed.
To celebrate the news, we’re offering 10% off all tour bookings made through the Viator Tours and Activities app on an iPad or iPhone or on our mobile site. Just book by September 7 and use code SAVVY. You can also enter to win the Viator tour of your choice (up to a $1000 value)!
Viator Tours and Activities App
- Discover 10,000 top-rated activities in 800 destinations available today, tomorrow or any day you’re traveling.
- Tap into our interactive maps, using your device’s GPS, to find must-see attractions and things to do near you now.
- Browse 330,000 user-submitted reviews, high resolutions photos and full-screen videos so you know what you’ll get before you go! Or share your own photos and reviews.
- See exclusive and deeply discounted Members Only Deals and opt-in to notifications about our secret sales.
- Book from the App and receive paperless e-vouchers for your tour. Accepted by the majority of Viator’s tour operators, e-vouchers save travelers time and headaches.
- Get connected. Facebook login, Twitter single sign-on and emailable wishlists seamlessly connect travelers across an array of social platforms.
The Viator app delivers one-touch access to insider information, and whether you are planning an end-of-summer getaway or looking for something to do later today, Viator makes it easy to find and book experiences to meet every taste – from traditional sightseeing to immersive and unique experiences. Travelers can book a range of activities, prescreened by experts for quality and backed by a low-price guarantee including:
- VIP and private access to the Sistine Chapel and secret Vatican rooms
- An intimate French cooking class with a local chef taught in a Parisian apartment
- A full-day guided trek and elephant ride through Thailand’s Khao Yai National Park
- A tour of Brooklyn and Coney Island by way of New York’s best pizza
- Adrenaline-filled ziplining spanning Canada’s Whistler and Blackcomb mountain ranges
- Skip the line access at the Empire State Building, Louvre, London Eye and dozens of other top attractions around the world
Book with the Viator App and Save 10%
Through September 7, 2012, all bookings made through the Viator Tours and Activities app on an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, will receive 10 percent off their purchase for travel on any date by simply entering code SAVVY at checkout.
Tweet to Win a Free Viator Tour
Viator is also launching the “Tweet Your Tour” contest, giving travelers an opportunity to win the Viator tour of their choice (a value of up to $1,000), with one prize awarded weekly for four weeks. Simply download the Viator Tours and Activities App, uncover the secret hash tag then tweet it along with the name of your dream tour. Full details are available on the Viator Tours and Activities App.
We will pick a winner every week from the tweets submitted. Each winner will receive two tickets for the dream tour they stated in their tweet. Be creative, and we can’t wait to see everyone’s dream tour choices!
How to Enter
- Download the Viator Tours and Activities App from the app store
- Browse around the app to find the hidden hashtag
- Once you have the hashtag, compose and send a tweet with the hashtag in it along with the dream tour you would like to win
- Every week we’ll announce a new winning tweet and give away a prize! For more specific details about the contest please read through the official terms and conditions.
- Viator Travel Team
Planning a trip? Download Viator Tours and Activities App to browse and book top-rated activities in 800 destinations!