Editor’s Note:This is the first installment of Viator’s Viva la Summer, a special summer series encouraging everybody to hit the road this summer and unleash their inner traveler. Each week we’re selecting a “Traveler of the Week” from a featured destination, which earns you bragging rights and a $50 Viator Gift Certificate. Happy summer travels! Next week’s destination? Rome!
Haven’t heard of Viva la Summer? Here’s the deal – as part of Viator’s celebration of summer 2009, we’re pointing a spotlight at top summer destinations around the world. This week’s featured destination is Las Vegas, Nevada (see below for some of our favorite things to do in Las Vegas).
And we’re very pleased to honor our Las Vegas traveler of the week, Robert S from the USA. He just submitted this photo taken at the edge of the Grand Canyon, on an All American Grand Canyon Helicopter tour from Las Vegas. We love the photo, we love the smiling faces, and we love the fact that Robert and his friends are out there enjoying the summer season (even if it is, um, 110 degrees in Las Vegas during the daytime…). For being selected as Viator’s traveler of the week, we’re sending Robert a $50 Viator Gift Certificate.
Viva la Summer, Viva Las Vegas!
Sure Las Vegas has hundreds of casinos, world-class entertainment and fine dining experiences. But did you know some of the world’s most awe-inspiring natural wonders are just a short ride or flight away – Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire, Death Valley and the Grand Canyon. If you’re stuck for inspiration this summer, hit the road to Las Vegas. We have more than 125 Las Vegas things to do and nearby experiences to thrill every type of traveler. Here are some of our favorites:
- One of the newest and most unique Las Vegas attractions hovers high above The Strip – the Las Vegas Dinner in the Sky experience. Other nightlife adventures include the Ultimate Las Vegas Nightclub Hopping Package, the VIP Palms Nightclub Package and the Ultimate Bachelor or Bachelorette Las Vegas Nightlife Party Packages.
- Some of the best terrain for experiencing the great outdoors lies just beyond the Las Vegas blackjack tables and slot machines. Exhilarating, adrenaline-driving experiences from Las Vegas include Black Canyon River Rafting, Tandem Skydiving, the Hidden Valley and Primm Extreme ATV Tour, the Lake Mead Kayaking Half-Day Trip as well as the new Las Vegas Richard Petty Ride Along Experience.
- The Grand Canyon is an awe-inspiring sight. A Viator top-seller that frequently sells out (yes, yes, please book early, you have been warned!) is the Grand Canyon All American Helicopter Tour which includes a champagne picnic lunch below the rim after landing in the Canyon. Other activities that get travelers out to the Canyon include the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam Day Trip with Optional Skywalk, the Grand Canyon West Rim Combo: Luxury SUV, Helicopter and Boat experience, and the Grand Canyon Helicopter and Sunset Ranch Adventure.
- A trip to Sin City wouldn’t be complete without seeing a Las Vegas show and Viator has a wide variety of options including Donny and Marie at Flamingo Hotel and Casino, Carrot Top at the Luxor Hotel, Legends in Concert at Harrah’s, Smokey Robinson Presents Australia’s Human Nature – The Ultimate Celebration of Motown, and The Vinnie Favorito Comedy Show at Flamingo Hotel.
- If nuptials are in the future, Viator offers a selection of Las Vegas wedding and honeymoon packages sure to meet the preferences of any couple planning a Vegas-style wedding including the Valley of Fire Wedding by Private Limousine, the Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Wedding, an Elvis Wedding at the Graceland Wedding Chapel or a wedding-on-wheels at the World Famous Drive-up Wedding Chapel.
-Viator Travel Team